Sowing Seeds

Growing writers, growing teachers, growing myself.

Thought Stream

March24

This evening, I’ve been preparing for a professional development session for my staff tomorrow.  It’s been hard to get “jazzed up” for planning since I’m still in weekend, relaxation mode. So, I’ve been finding my mind wandering a lot to other things.  It’s one of those strange streams of consciousness where one thought leads to another completely unrelated thought, yet in your mind, the links from thought to thought make total sense.  Here’s a sample of that stream:

Planning for Monday’s Staff Development makes me think about Monday in general. It’s March, which means it’s “Marvelous Mondays in March” in my school. Monday’s spirit day is team shirt or team hat day in honor of March Madness…

…March Madness has been playing out all weekend on our TV. I’m bummed that Notre Dame is out already (what happened, boys??). At least Butler and IU are still in. IU gave us a little scare at the end, though.  Now, as I write, I’m rooting for Florida Gulf Coast as it is looking like they are on their way to upsetting San Diego State.  When I don’t have a favorite going in to the game, I like to cheer for the underdog.  There have been a lot of upsets already, so it really is March Madness at its finest…

…We’re having our own March Madness at school starting tomorrow.  Student teams (classrooms) will be tracking how many pages they read starting tomorrow through the end of Spring Break and are trying to beat the office team’s total.  This will hopefully keep kids plugged into books over break, all thanks to my wonderful school nurse…

…Mrs. Love, is awesome.  She’s so much more than a nurse. She’s a mentor and teacher at heart, who is  always looking for ways to enrich student learning.  In November, she helped students learn about the election by having the student body “elect” one of our staff members as President.  Each week, she hosts a word of the week challenge to help build vocabulary, dictionary, and writing skills.  Now, she is holding this reading challenge.  How many school nurses do that? 

…There goes another Florida dunk. This team is having so much fun. You can tell theyare playing with joy…

…I wonder if Grandma Joy is watching? Probably not.She’s probably watching CNN or Lifetime, but I’m certain that Grandma Evelyn is watching. She’s 85 but loves to watch sports on TV, especially basketball.  I’m sure she’ll be up late watching all the hoopla. She’s such a night owl…

…Uh-oh. There’s a little night owl coming down the hall who should have been asleep long ago. Looks like it’s time to scratch her back to help her fall asleep.  She really needs to fall asleep since it’s a school night…

…It’s a school night. I really need to work through this staff development stuff. 

Right after I get this child back to bed.

by posted under Daily Life, Slice of Life | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar