Sowing Seeds

Growing writers, growing teachers, growing myself.

Happy March!

March1

March 1 has been creeping up on me for the past 28 days. In the back of my mind, there’s been a little niggle: “the SOLSC is coming up….am I going to do it this year?” I’ve vacillated daily. And each time the logical side took control with a firm “no,” that little niggle niggled a little harder, a little louder.

I’ve participated for the past 3 years, so I know how rewarding the experience is for the writer in me. I love that the challenge stretches me as a writer. I love that it actually gets me writing again. I love that it allows me to preserve memories. However, I also know how challenging it can be as a busy mom, wife, and professional.

The more February came alive and full and exhausting, I just wasn’t sure that I was geared up for this year. A week ago, I was pretty sure I was just going to sit out of the challenge this year, and I pretty much had to tell the niggle to just cut it out. Leave me alone.

It didn’t listen.

On Wednesday, I found myself checking out the Two Writing Teachers blog and before I knew what happened, I registered for the challenge. Do I really have the time to write for 31 consecutive days? Not really. I’ll have to make the time. Is it going to be difficult? Yep. Sure is. Will there be times when I feel like giving up? Probably so. Will I have any regrets about participating? Absolutely not!

So, here I go….
(and the niggle is gone)

by posted under Slice of Life, Writing | 6 Comments »    
6 Comments to

“Happy March!”

1. March 1st, 2013 at 11:12 pm       Theresa Says:

I’m still niggling even as I type this. I totally get what you are saying. Thanks for the little nudge your post provides.

2. March 1st, 2013 at 11:19 pm       Chris Says:

This is my first year to try the SOLC! I’ll be posting on my reading blog…but I’m also trying to post regularly on my professional website blog (to inform future employers), so I’m hoping I’m not taking on too much. Is there anything I should know?

3. March 1st, 2013 at 11:45 pm       Ruth Ayres Says:

I’m SO HAPPY to read this. Looking forward to catching up with you here since our face-to-face chats are almost nonexistent. My hope if you will find more moments in March simply because you are writing.
    Ruth

4. March 1st, 2013 at 11:47 pm       Ruth Ayres Says:

Also…here is a blog of a principal I know in IL. The two of you remind me of each other, so I thought I’d introduce you. 🙂 Her name is Lindsay.

http://lindsayforbesallen.blogspot.com/2013/03/sharing-writing-with-parents.html

5. March 2nd, 2013 at 12:01 am       Lindsay Allen Says:

Hi Kari! I love the look of our blog and look forward to reading it as you continue to share a small slice of your day. I’m glad you didn’t listen to the little niggle and decided to participate.

6. March 2nd, 2013 at 10:13 pm       Kari Says:

Thanks, Ruth! I’m eager to connect wtih Lindsay!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar