Sowing Seeds

Growing writers, growing teachers, growing myself.

Headache

March7

So, I had plans for a much better, much more interesting post than this, but they’re just going to have to wait… Late this afternoon, an intense headache settled in for the evening and I’m finding it hard to concentrate.  Nothing I’ve taken seems to be helping and I’m wondering if closing my eyes and going to sleep (though I’m not tired) will be the only way to bring about some relief.  Or maybe a neck and scalp massage.  I woke up last Thursday with a terrible kink in my neck and here I am five days later with a neck that is still sore.  I can’t help but think this headache is related to my neck issue.  I’m going to schedule an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow, but for now, I think it’s best to just close my eyes for a bit…

by posted under Slice of Life | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“Headache”

1. March 7th, 2011 at 8:46 pm       MaryHelen Says:

Sorry to hear about the headache. Totally can relate. I liked the line “headache settled in for the evening.” So personified and headaches definitely have their own agenda. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

2. March 7th, 2011 at 11:30 pm       Michelle Rohrer Says:

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hopefully resting will help!

3. March 8th, 2011 at 6:47 pm       Heather Says:

You are right. Closed eyelids, darkness, silence, and rest tend to make such things dissipate – at least enough to allow us to resume a human like existence. 🙂 I had a pretty ugly migraine a couple weeks ago that persisted for 3 days. I’m not someone prone to migraines – at all – so it was a surprise to me when I developed one. I think it’s God’s way of saying “Heather, this is God telling you to quit working so hard, stop worrying the carpet to threads, and let yourself exist as a human and not as a machine run by others.” Well, at least I’d like to think that.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar