Sowing Seeds

Growing writers, growing teachers, growing myself.

First Lost Tooth

March2

For the past two weeks, my daughter has been wiggling her bottom front tooth.  Like any five year old with her first loose tooth, she enjoyed wiggling it with her tongue and daily checked in the mirror for progress.   

On Sunday, I noticed a lot of motion as she brushed her teeth.  “It will be any day now, honey.  That’s one loose tooth!”  I commented.  Karisa’s eyes widened in anticipation. 

Her day finally arrived yesterday afternoon.  When I went to pick her up from Grandma and Grandpa yesterday, she greeted me with a noticable hole in her big smile.  “I lost my tooth!” Karisa exclaimed.  She was excstatic to say the least.  Apparently, she was showing Grandpa George her wiggly tooth and it “wiggled right out!”  When asked if it felt funny to have a hole in her mouth she responded with, “now I have a parking space for my tongue!”

by posted under Slice of Life | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“First Lost Tooth”

1. March 2nd, 2011 at 9:13 pm       elsie Says:

What a sweetheart! A parking place for her tongue, too funny. So glad you had a chance to record this memory.

2. March 2nd, 2011 at 10:40 pm       ashley Says:

What a wonderful memory to record. Love the comment about have a parking space for her tongue. Would love to hear how she reacts to the toothfairy! 🙂

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar