Sowing Seeds

Growing writers, growing teachers, growing myself.

What NOT to Wear–According to a 4 Year Old

September28

sols_green-copyThis is not a slice from today, but from a few days ago.  It made me laugh out loud, so I wanted to share….

On Friday I wore a new sweater to work.   Light weight and with sleeves cut just above the elbow, it’s a great choice for midwestern between-season weather.  Plus, it has a cowl neckline…I lovecowl necklines!  I have a long neck and I wear cowl necklines well, if I do say so myself.  I paired the blue and black striped sweater with a black cami and slipped on some black pants and accessories.  I looked great!…..or so I thought until my daughter took a look at my outfit.

Eyebrows raised, confusion crossed her face.  “Um, Mommy?”  She stared at my sweater.  “Why are you wearing your hood in the front?”

Laughing, I tried to explain that my cowl neckline was indeed stylish and meant to be in the front.  Her response?  A shake of her head and a very serious “No, Mommy.  Let me see you,”  followed by a search through the front of my sweater for the tag that would prove I had put the sweater on backwards.  She didn’t find it, but the look in her eye told me she was totally convinced that I was completely out of my mind in my wardrobe selection.  I still wore it to work (got no strange comments there), so hopefully I looked ok to the rest of the world!

by posted under Karisa, Slice of Life | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“What NOT to Wear–According to a 4 Year Old”

1. September 29th, 2010 at 9:24 pm       Stacey Says:

What a precious story!

I think you should buy a recent copy of, say, Lucky Magazine, and hold on to it, along with a printout of this blog post, to show her in about 20 years. Then you can get her to admit you were right about cowl necks! 🙂

2. September 29th, 2010 at 10:00 pm       stephanie Says:

i’m with you on the 4 y/o fashionistas….my daughter is convinced i’m not dressed appropriately unless i wear “high heels” every single day to work!

stephanie

p.s. i LOVE your background/layout!!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar